Sunday, February 10, 2013

Crochet Peter Pan Necklace

Today, I am going to show you how to make this crazy cute peter pan necklace.  I know, I know, I am full of myself when it comes to crochet.  Okay, so the tools you will need to complete this patter are:

G6 size crochet hook or 4 mm
Yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft medium weight worsted yarn in Soft Green [a cute minty green])
Scissors
Needle/thread and One small button

I have not written many patterns like this before.  Mostly they have been for dolls.  What can I say... I am a juvenile delinquent att heart.  Hopefully this pattern will make sense and not be complete jiberish.

Here it goes.

Ch 28.

Row One: Sl St in second Ch from hook and then in the next 4 stitches. 4 Sc in each of the next four spaces.  Hdc in the remaining stitches of your foundation Ch.

Row two: Ch 1, *skip a stich and Hdc, skip a stitch Dc, Ch 1, Dc in that stitch, skip one stitch and *Dc, skip a stitch Dc, Ch 1, Dc in that same stitch, skip one stitch and Dc. This makes a V stitch. (Continue from * until you have four V stitches with the last of the V stitches ending in an Hdc instead of a Dc.) Then Sc and Sl st. **NOTE: You will still have eight stitches on the end of the row.  Don't worry, I'm not crazy, it will work out. Okay, I'm a little crazy but it will still work out! I have a tutorial on the V stitch on YouTube.

Here is a link to my very own YouTube channel.  I finally broke down and made one.  One of my FAVORITE passtimes is to watch random videos and then read the comments.  It is funny to me how worked up people get over the simplest of things. Anywho, here's the link:

Here's a closeup of the stitches: 


Row Three: Ch 1, flip, Sl st in the Sc of the previous row.  Hdc in the Hdc of the previous row, skip a stitch 2 Dc, Ch 2, 2 Dc in the center of the V stitch on the previous row then *skip a stitch and Dc. (Repeat from * until you have four Double V stitches.)  Finish off the row by doing a Hdc, and a Sl st.  

Row Four: Ch 1, flip, Sl st in the Sc of the previous row.  Hdc in the Hdc of the previous row, skip a stitch 3 Dc, Ch 2, 3 Dc in the center of the V stitch on the previous row. *Skip a stitch and Dc skip a stitch 3 Dc, Ch 2, 3 Dc in the center of the V stitch on the previous row. (Repeat from * until you have four Triple V stitches.)  Finish off your last V stitch by doing a Hdc, and a Sl st.  Then you are going to continue through the row by doing a Hdc, Dc, Hdc, in the next stitch.  *Sl st in the next stitch, Hdc, Dc, Hdc in the next stitch three times. Then Sl st in the remaining stitches.  The last thing you will do is Ch 25 and cut a tail about 5 inches long and pull the end through the last Sl st.  

Tah Dah! you now have one half of your crochet peter pan necklace.  For the second half you will chain 28 plus 5 for a loop to put your button through (with a tail of 2 to 3 inches) and then just weave in the ends and sew down to finish, making sure to make a loop at the corner of your collar.  

And, here's a few more pics of the finished product so you can bask in the glory of my workmanship... er maybe laugh at the shoddy workmanship if you are a more advanced crocheter than I.


No comments: