Friday, April 20, 2012

Monster Baby Booties





This is a pattern that I developed from a picture of some booties that were knitted.  A friend of mine sent a picture of them to my phone and asked if I could make them for her. I took a quick glance at them and said sure no problem-o.  Later on when closely looking at them I shortly realized that they were knitted.  I do not knit.  I find it too complicated for my smallish brain so I figured that I could crochet them... Roughly nine consecutive days later, I had the pattern worked out.  My hands were sore and so was my smallish brain. It was grueling but it was worth it because I did it! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do... or as much as I will before I hand them off to my friend. 

Key:  Ch: chain.                         YO: yarn over              sc: single crochet            
Dc: Double crochet                    sl st: Slip stitch            inc: increase           
Hdc: Half double crochet

Supplies:  Yarn in two colors, pink for the mouth and the color of your choosing for the shoe.  White and black felt.  3.5 mm hook.  Pink felt and thread and needle.

Round 1:  Ch 5, YO, Insert hook into third ch from hook and dc, then increase in the next two stitches. around to make 6 dc.  Then continue around to the next side and inc in the next three stitches to make a total of 12 stitches.   Sl st to close round.

Round 2:  Ch 3, * dc twice in each st to make 24.  Sl st to close round.

Rounds 3-6:  Ch 3, *dc in each stitch around; makes 24

Rows 7-10:  Ch 3, dc 14, turn.

Row 11:  Ch 1, 5 sc in next 5 stitches.  Ch 3, 6 dc to make 7 dc, turn.

Row 12:  Ch 3, dc in each stitch across to make 7.

Row 13: Ch 1, hdc across.

Round 14: Sc in each stitch around to, making sure to joint the three edges together, sl st to close round and join the pink.  This row is going to even out your work, getting the shoe ready for the mouth.

Round 15:  Ch 1, sc around and sl st to join the round. 


Weave in all the ends and then take some matching thread and sew down the end of the yarn to hold it in.

Cut out eyes and sew together the pupil onto the eye.  Sew eye onto the shoe.  Weave in the pink and hold it down with some fabric glue.  Then take some matching thread and sew it down. 

Cut lining into the same basic shape of the shoe (before the edges were crocheted together).  Sew the lining so that the edges are together then sew the lining into the shoe. 

As always if you have questions feel free to ask and do not sell these or post this pattern without linking this page!

No comments: